Congratulations, mamas! We made it through another week. Let’s celebrate with a drink and some pasta. Here’s a recipe for Vodka Sauce Pasta that includes both!
We found this recipe on one of our favorite recipe spots — a website called Damn Delicious — Quick and Easy Meals for the Home Cook. I’ve already made several of the pasta recipes on this site and have loved every one of them. They’ve been a hit with our kids, too. This is the next recipe I’m going to tackle.
The recipe author says you can add some protein to this recipe by throwing in some leftover rotisserie chicken, if you like. Also, if you don’t have the specific pasta she lists in this recipe, just substitute what you have on hand (like maybe penne, rigatoni or rotini). Doesn’t this picture make you soooo hungry?
Vodka Sauce Pasta
- 8 ounces radiatore pasta (can use a different type of pasta)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
Click HERE to visit the Damn Delicious website to get the directions for how to put it all together. This link will also connect you to a page where you can get a printer-friendly copy of the recipe.