Last Sunday, my mom made a pineapple upside down cake that was SO good, we’re still thinking about it two weeks later. With seven of us in the house, the poor cake didn’t even last throughout the day. By the time I wiped down the kitchen that night, there were only crumbs left.
Mom swears this is one of the easiest cakes she makes, so I’m passing the recipe along to my fellow mamas. Try it the next time you want a beautiful, delicious cake without all the time and hassle.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 can of pineapple slices (At least 12 slices of pineapple)
- Golden brown sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1 box of Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- Melt the stick of butter and pour it into the bottom of a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle golden brown sugar over the butter.
- Add canned pineapple slices in a single layer. (Should take about 12 slices of pineapple.)
- Place one maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- Mix up 1 box of Betty Crocker yellow cake mix, following the directions on the box (but use milk instead of water).
- Pour the prepared cake mix over the pineapple slices in the cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (It’s done when a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.)
- After removing from oven, run a knife along the edge of the cake to loosen it from the sides of the cake pan.
- Put aluminum foil (if desired) on a flat cookie sheet. Flip the cake pan upside down on the cookie sheet to let the cake gently fall out.
- Let cake cool. Cut and serve. Enjoy!