By Shannon Magsam, quiz queen
I saw this kid Q & A on another website and thought I’d conduct my own experiment. Do this with your own kids to find out what they really think of you. Here’s what mine thinks of me:
1. What is something mom always says to you?
“I’m on the phone.” (Hissed, with emphasis on the word phone).
2. What makes mom happy?
Spending time with me. (Buttering me up for an outing?)
3. What makes mom sad?
Having to go somewhere that she doesn’t want to go to. (Like that outing?)
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
By tickling me.
5. What did your mom like to do as a child?
Play with her horses.
6. How old is your mom?
Um, 45 (Ouch. Not yet.)
7. How tall is your mom?
That’s kind of hard. Ten inches? (I’ll concede that I’m short, but I made it past 10 inches in the womb, dude.)
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
Family Guide. (Um, Family Guy is NOT my favorite. Her dad is kind of partial, though.)
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Because you’re nice? (This kid is really angling for something.)
11. What is your mom really good at?
Being a good mom. (OK, it’s official.)
Ok, what else is mom good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
I do not know. Just say playing.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Make websites and blogs.
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Because you’re a good mom. Like, there’s lots, but I had to pick one. (Like, gag me with a spoon.)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Minnie Mouse from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Wait – Cruella de Vil. (Wait. What?!) In her own defense, she says, “You look like her!”
17. What do you and your mom do together?
On the weekends we play as long as you’re not working. (Ouch again.)
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We’re nice. Our noses, our toes-es AND our eyes. And our face. OK, that’s all.
19. How are you and your mom different?
With our hair. I have blonde and you have black.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
She says that each time. A lot. She says it a lot.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Because he’s funny. Tee-hee-heee (Imitates mom’s laugh)
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
The mall. I mean, going shopping.
Well, out of the mouths of babes: I’m an old workaholic, shopaholic, Family Guide-loving mom who says ‘I love you’ a lot and looks like Cruella de Vil. Fabulous.