Of course, there’s Bikes, Blues and BBQ happening this weekend! There are also a few offshoots:
1. Bikes, Brews & Brains, Saturday. Make the Razoback Greenway your get-away route to Bikes, Brews and Brains for an evening of games, downtown brews and fun. On Saturday, the Downtown Springdale Alliance will host a Northwest Arkansas event that’s really unique.
Participants will fill downtown businesses while competing to see who is the brainiest person in Northwest Arkansas (based on points added up on your scorecard by the end of the event) and walk away with a crisp $100 bill.
Come play your favorite games and ride in bike drag races (if that’s your thing) in an easily walkable or bikable stretch of downtown from 6-9 p.m. for just $5. Games on tap include a bike drag race on Emma Avenue, Pictionary in Core Public House, Street Twister, giant Connect Four, bike-themed trivia at Black Apple Crossing, Clue at Emma Avenue Bar & Tap and many, many more.
Other awards include a “bikealope” wall hanging, $50 for second place, and a downtown gift card for third place.
2. Barks & Brews, Saturday. From 3-8pm (3-4 registration, 4-6 show, 6-8 after party) at the Downtown Rogers Farmers Market on Cherry Street. Main Street is hosting a dog show to raise money for City of Rogers Animal Shelter.
- Dog/Owner Lookalike
- Best Trick
- Best Costume
- I’m so ugly, I’m cute
- Cutest Dog (under 20lbs)
- Most Adorable Medium Dog (21-40lbs)
- Best Looking Big Dog (40lbs or more)
- Best in Show
3. Family Story Time, Bentonville Public Library, Saturday.
This event happens every Saturday and is from 2-2:30 p.m. at BPL. After story time, families can work on a craft together. No registration required. All ages.
September’s theme is VROOM! WHOOSH! BOING! Time to ride some sound waves! Sound is all around us at the Amazeum. Many exhibits throughout the museum include experiences with sound and this workshop will ignite your child’s desire to want to learn more about science of sound.
$10 Amazeum member child + adult caregiver
$15 non-member child + adult caregiver
Advanced registration and payment required.
5. Super Saturday, Stevens Puppets, FPL. Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in the Walker Community Room.
Stevens Puppets tours fully-staged productions of fairy-tales and classic children’s literature, featuring hand-carved wooden marionettes in front of colorfully hand-painted scenery. The charming puppets come alive in their miniature worlds, transporting their audiences through magical journeys of endearing stories, raucous laughter, and artistic beauty. The puppeteers give life to their little actors, weaving a spell of childhood over audiences of all ages, as they invite everyone along for a trip through “once upon a time.”