How’s your summer going so far, mamas?
If you haven’t done it yet, you might want to consider making a “Summer Bucket List”. At our house, we use an actual bucket! This would be a fun project over the weekend.
What you’ll need:
- Just buy or find a bucket (or any container of your choice!) and some large, wooden clothes pins. Using a Sharpie, write various activities you want to do over the summer on the clothes pins and then clip them around the bucket.
- After you do an activity, you just toss that clothes pin into the bucket. Having a bucket list helps make your summer more intentional, even if you have 15 clothes pins that read, “Sit out front in the sun with a book”.
- Be sure to add a few clothes pins for yourself, mama. Or just make your own bucket 🙂
- Decorate your bucket with a bow, stickers, puffy paint or markers!
You’ll be automatically entered to win a HUGE prize package worth over $800! Click here for the details.
Here are 25 ideas for fun activities you can write on your clothes pins:
- Go see a movie at Malco during its Kid’s Summer Film Fest
- Ride a roller coaster at Silver Dollar City or visit some of the new Branson attractions new this year
- Swim at the the Rogers Aquatic Center, Parrot Island, The Jones Center or NWA lake!
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go to First Thursday on the Fayetteville Square
- Go to First Friday on the Bentonville Square
- Create an ice-cream sundae bar and invite over the neighbors
- Go to the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks for free on Tuesdays
- Have fun at a local Summer Camp
- Camp out in the backyard
- Go to a Gulley Park concert series concert
- Set up a lemonade stand
- Visit the Amazeum
- Toast marshmallows outside (and make s’mores!)
- Make liquid sidewalk chalk and create a masterpiece on the driveway
- Make chalk dress-up dolls while you’re out there
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market
- Sign up for the summer reading program at your library + enjoy free concerts at FPL
- Visit the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks on FREE Tyson Tuesday Nights
- Play mini golf
- Eat snow cones
- Make your own ice cream in a bag (YouTubevideo)
- Go to Vacation Bible School in Northwest Arkansas
- Visit the Tulsa Zoo
- Find something fun in our Calendar of Events — or in our Outings Under $20 ideas!
Bonus idea for the summer: Have your kids take a picture every day of summer vacation and put them all together in an awesome video at the end of the break. Or make a Summer Memories 2017 book with Snapfish or Shutterfly.