Hi girls! We are SO pumped that you’re coming to the first Mom Prom in Northwest Arkansas. It is going to be AWESOME. Here’s what you need to know for the big night.
- When you arrive at the Springdale Holiday Inn, park in the main lot and head in through the entrance facing the parking lot (not the covered entrance that faces Marketplace.) Honda is one of our Prom sponsors, so look for the Honda minivan and CR-V with balloons that will be parked by the Prom entrance.
- Once you’re inside, turn right and you’ll see the Prom check-in desk. We’ll have volunteers there with a check-in list that contains the names of people who purchased tickets. If you bought a group of tickets, just let us know who is in your group. You can bring your email ticket purchase confirmation with you, but don’t worry about it if you forget. We’ll have a record of your purchase.
- If you are one of the first 300 people who bought a ticket, we’ll put a “crown” stamp on your wrist so we’ll know that you should receive one of the 300 swag bags before you leave. The Swag Bags will be given out at the Shoe Bank area inside the Prom Ballroom.
- Do you need to go eat dinner before the Prom? Nope, not necessary. We’ll have lots of heavy appetizers like coconut chicken bites, miniature twice baked potatoes, spinach artichoke dip, turkey pinwheels, fruit, cheese, and just wait until you see the dessert table. Come hungry, ladies. You’ll dance it all off anyway. 🙂
- Don’t forget to check out the raffle tables at the Prom. We have 15 packages of items, with more than $5,000 in prizes! Each package has its own theme, like “Pampering,” “Date Night,” “Branson Getaway,” “Razorback,” “Bling,” etc. Raffle tickets are only one dollar each and you can buy extras at the event, if you like. You can throw as many tickets as you want into the various buckets to increase your chances of winning the packages you like best. (Raffle money goes to a local charity called Laundry Love, which partners with laundromats to help wash clothes for people living in poverty.) We’ll announce raffle package winners starting at 9 p.m., and you’ll need to be there to get your prize so you can take it home.
- Should you bring money with you? Yes, bring some money in case you want any of the following: extra raffle tickets for the amazing prizes (see above); a drink from the cash bar; or a super cute Mom Prom t-shirt for $12. We can take credit/debit cards and cash.
- You’ll have your photo made at the “red carpet arrival” area inside the hotel and also in the photo area, sponsored by Lisa Mac Photography. Lisa and her husband Glen will be there snapping photos, and ALL photos will be available for free download after Prom. Instructions for how to download your pics will be in your swag bag. We have lots of fun props to use, too!
- If you want to stretch Prom night into a slumber party at the hotel, you can! Just book a hotel room by calling 479-751-8300 and mention the Mom Prom to get a discounted room rate of $89.
- The DJ’s name is Frankie, and he takes song requests. 🙂
- Socialize with us before, during and after the Mom Prom on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The hashtag is #nwaMomProm. Be sure to like the NWA Mom Prom page on FB by clicking here. Post a shot of you and your friends getting ready for Prom Night!
That’s it! You’re all set! If you want to invite more friends to the Prom, we’ll have tickets for sale at the door for $40.