Now this is our idea of doing shots on New Year’s Eve (or anytime)! Shannon found this recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Jello Shots on the Crafty Morning website, and it looks SO perfect for New Year’s Eve. The recipe and the photos are from fellow mom Michelle who runs the Crafty Morning website.
We especially love that you could make a grown-up version of this treat that includes a little alcohol and then a kids’ version that’s alcohol-free. They’d be so great for a party and also a fun treat for the family if you’re just hanging out at home on New Year’s Eve.
- 12 2.5 oz plastic Jell-O shots cups
- 12 maraschino cherries with stems
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup vodka – chilled (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons grenadine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional – splash of Amaretto in each cup
Hope your New Year’s Eve is safe, fun and delicious, too!