2021 Fall events and activities in Northwest Arkansas
We thoroughly enjoy the multiple seasons in Northwest Arkansas — and fall is definitely one of the prettiest here. To help you enjoy this time of year, we’ve rounded up 10 of the best things to do this fall in Northwest Arkansas.
[Please keep in mind that event details could change due to COVID-19. Confirm with event organizers before making the trip.]
We’re also providing the 2021 Fall Fun Guide in a printer-friendly version that you can download for free by clicking HERE. Just print it and stick it on your fridge or in your purse, diaper bag or in the car so you’ll have it handy. (Some moms also like to bookmark this guide on their phone’s home screen so all the info is just a click away.)
Click on the names of the events below to find out more about each activity:
- Pick a pumpkin and navigate a corn maze. If you want to pick your own pumpkin, let the kids pet some cute animals, get lost in a corn maze and hang out on a farm for a few hours, there are several options around here, including our favorite — printable sponsor Farmland Adventures. Farmland is celebrating 11th in Northwest Arkansas! The 2021 Corn Maze theme is “Secret Agent” and includes iconic imagery from spy movies. Journey into a world of intrigue and espionage. (Click here to see a full list of pumpkin patches and/or corn mazes, along with dates and hours of operation, in our Fall Fun Printable!)
- Find some fall fun adventures. There are always fun fall events on tap across NWA. Vintage Market Days of NWA will be at the Benton County Fairgrounds on Oct. 8-10.
Crystal Bridges’ third and final season of North Forest Lights started on Sept. 1 (and will run through January 2, 2022). In addition to the five unique installations that make up North Forest Lights, there is a special area called the Village (located in the food truck area) where guests will have the opportunity to purchase drinks and snacks. The Benton County Fair is Sept. 28-Oct. 2. We’re happy to say that the Arkansas Apple Festival is back. It will be held in Lincoln on October 1 – 3. The Junk Ranch Fall Show will be held in Prairie Grove on Oct. 1-2. The Farmington Farm Festival will be on Saturday September 11, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Creekside Park.
- Take a scenic stroll! The fall foliage on the Crystal Bridges trails are beautiful this time of year, so you should definitely make the trip. You might also venture out to War Eagle Mill, Lake Atalanta, Devil’s Den State Park or Hobbs State Park. We also recommend a visit to Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park. There are lots of walking trails, historical markers to read and a playground for the kids
- Seek out vintage pretties and cool antiques. We love to kick around cool vintage and antique stores in the fall.
- In Fayetteville, there’s the Fayetteville’s Funky Flea Market, In Retrospect Vintage Mall & Boutique and 410 Vintage Market.
- In Springdale, we love to comb through Midtown Mall.
- In Rogers, we recommend Betty’s Attic & Jen’s Jewels, Somewhere in Time Antique Mall and The Rusted Rooster.
- In Bentonville, try True Treasures.
- In Gentry, check out The Chicken Coop.
- In Prairie Grove, two of our long-time favorites are Daisies and Olives and The Summit Hill Cottage Shoppe.
- Craft a beautiful day at a craft fair. There are several fun craft fairs planned for mid-October this year, including the It’s Fall Y’all Craft Fair in Bentonville on Oct. 14-17; the Frisco Station Mall Arts & Crafts Fair in Rogers on Oct. 14-17; the Ozark Regional Arts & Crafts Fair in Fayetteville on Oct. 14-16 and Springdale on Oct. 15-16; the Spanker Creek Farm Arts & Crafts Fair in Bella Vista on Oct. 13-17, 2020. One of the most popular craft fairs in the region is War Eagle and it’s back this year on Oct., 14-17.
- Follow the Arkansas Wine Trail. One way to really see the beauty of Arkansas is to visit the various wineries across the Natural State. We have two wonderful wineries in Northwest Arkansas, including Sassafras Springs Vineyard in Springdale and Tontitown Winery in Tontitown. Here’s a list of other wineries across Arkansas.
- Take in the NWA view from a local patio. We love to hang out on a patio in the fall here and we’re even more committed to eating outside during these pandemic times. Here’s a list of popular patios across Northwest Arkansas, including info about the outdoor refreshment districts in downtown Fayetteville and Springdale.
- Shop unique boutiques. In late November, there’s always the NWA Boutique Show to enjoy. This year the show is scheduled for Nov. 19-20 at John Q Hammons Convention Center in Rogers. This juried show features boutique booths with custom and one-of-a-kind creations from local and regional designers. Clothing, jewelry, art, stationery, gifts, personalized items, home décor, furniture, baby essentials and more. See you there!
- Enjoy the bounty at the many farmer’s markets around NWA. The various farmer’s markets in hometowns across NWA run through the fall, so if you haven’t been out to one yet, you should visit those while you can! Keep in mind these markets host LOTS of fun events the fall season!
Here are the links to each farmer’s market:
- Fayetteville Farmer’s Market
- Springdale Farmer’s Market at The Jones Center
- Rogers Farmer’s Market (Dixieland Road)
- Downtown Bentonville Farmer’s Market
- Siloam Springs Farmer’s Market
- Get happy about all the Halloween events! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LIST OF HALLOWEEN-THEMED EVENTS IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS.
Again, if you’d like to easily bookmark this info to your phone’s home screen OR print out a copy for your fridge, purse or diaper bag, click HERE to download the Fall Fun Guide Printable for 2021.
Thanks also to Farmland Adventures for sponsoring the production of the 2021 Fall Fun Guide, which makes it possible for us to give the guide to Northwest Arkansas moms for free!