Fall events and activities in Northwest Arkansas
Isn’t this fall weather awesome, mamas?! It has us thinking about pumpkin patches, s’mores and Halloween costumes!
We love that there are definitely multiple seasons in Northwest Arkansas — and fall is definitely one of the prettiest. There’s so much to enjoy in Northwest Arkansas this time of year, so we rounded up 10 of the best for you below.
Click on the names of the events below to find out more about each activity, and CLICK HERE to see a printer-friendly 2019 Fall Fun Guide that lists even more events/activities.
Be sure to print out the Fall Fun Guide list — sponsored by Farmland Adventures! — and keep it on your fridge or in your purse for a quick reminder of things to do over the next few months. You can also save it to your phone for a quick peek when you’re looking for fall fun activities.
- Pick a pumpkin and navigate a corn maze. If you want to pick your own pumpkin, let the kids pet some cute animals, get lost in a corn maze and hang out on a farm for a few hours, there are several options around here, including our favorite — printable sponsor Farmland Adventures. (Click here to see a full list of pumpkin patches and/or corn mazes, along with dates and hours of operation.)
- Find some festival fun. If you like visiting hometown festivals, the Arkansas Apple Festival in Lincoln is coming up on Oct. 4-6 2019, there’s Vintage Market Days of NWA at the Benton County Fairgrounds on Oct. 11-13 and The Little Craft Show, downtown Bentonville, Dec. 7, and at the Fayetteville Town Center, Nov. 29-30.
- Take a scenic stroll! The fall foliage on the Crystal Bridges trails are beautiful this time of year, so you should go take a stroll! And click here to see the museum’s Fall Forest Fun events. You might also want to walk around War Eagle Mill, Lake Atalanta, Devil’s Den State Park and Hobbs State Park. You might also take some time to visit Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park. The battlefield is SO PRETTY in the fall and there are lots of walking trails to enjoy, historical markers to read and a playground for the kids
- Seek out vintage pretties and cool antiques. We love to kick around cool vintage and antique stores in the fall. In Prairie Grove, some of our favorites are Daisies and Olives and The Summit Hill Cottage Shoppe and there’s a new place called High on the Hog Vintage Market that has some fun goodies plus classes.
In Bentonville, we hear good things about True Treasures.
In Gentry, check out The Chicken Coop.
- Craft a beautiful day at a craft fair. Of course, there are plenty of craft fairs to visit in October, including the HUGE War Eagle Mill Arts & Crafts Fair in Rogers on the HeART of Rogers Craft Fair, plus the Spanker Creek Farm Arts & Crafts Fair.
- Let no leaf go unnoticed. Of course, this time of year means it’s time to drive I-49 or the Pig Trail Scenic Byway to ooh and ahhh over the trees that are changing into their brightly-colored fall clothes. You might want to take a train ride to see the leaves from your window.
- Call the Hogs. You really should enjoy a Razorback football game this fall or take part in the University of Arkansas Homecoming. The Dickson Street Parade and Homecoming Pep Rally will be on Friday, Nov. 1. Just find yourself a spot on Dickson Street and see the Arkansas Spirit Squads, Razorback Marching Band, Homecoming Court, Greek Floats and more.
- Shop unique boutiques. In late November, there’s the NWA Boutique Show to enjoy! This show is held each fall in Northwest Arkansas and will be on Nov. 22-23 this year at John Q Hammons Convention Center in Rogers. This juried show features boutique booths with custom and one-of-a-kind creations from local and regional designers. Clothing, jewelry, art, stationery, gifts, personalized items, home décor, furniture, baby essentials and more. See you there!
- Enjoy the bounty at the many farmer’s markets around NWA. The various farmer’s markets in hometowns across NWA run through the fall, so if you haven’t been out to one yet, you should visit those while you can! Keep in mind these markets host LOTS of fun events throughout the fall and winter season!
Here are the links to each farmer’s market (our printable lists the dates that each season ends):
- Fayetteville Farmer’s Market
- Springdale Farmer’s Market at The Jones Center
- Downtown Rogers Farmer’s Market, (Cherry St.)
- Downtown Bentonville Farmer’s Market
- Siloam Springs Farmer’s Market
- Get happy about all the Halloween events! There are always LOTS of Halloween events in NWA!
You can always depend on kid-friendly fun at the designated city events, including trick-or-treating on the Fayetteville Square, the Downtown Rogers Candy Crawl, the downtown Springdale Halloween Fest and the Halloween Spooktacular at the Bentonville Community Center. The Trick Art Treat at Crystal Bridges also looks like fun!
Check back soon to see our BIG list of Northwest Arkansas Halloween events!