We know the weekend definitely didn’t feel like spring, but — technically speaking — spring has sprung! It officially began last Saturday. So to honor the new season, we thought we’d share a recipe and photo we found online at Tan Kitchen.com. Click here to visit the website to get more info.
Happy Spring, everybody!
FRIED SPRING ROLLS
- 12 oz. Spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup Ground pork 1 cup
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz. Mung bean noodle (or beanthread)
- 1 cup Green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup Bean sprouts 1 cup
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, chopped.
- 1/2 cup Flour and water paste
- 1-2 tsp.Ground pepper.
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce.
- 4 cup vegetable oil.
- Soak the beanthread in water until soft, drain and cut into short lengths.
- Mix together ground pork, egg, cabbage, bean sprouts, ground pepper, soy sauce and beanthread and put aside.
- In a pan heat up a little oil and fry the chopped garlic until aromatic, then add the mixture and fry until cooked and well seasoned. Take this mixture off heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stuff this filling into the spring roll wrappers and seal with flour paste.
- Fry spring rolls in hot oil until golden brown and drain. Served hot with plum sauce.