It’s the last day of school for most kids in Northwest Arkansas. Tomorrow will be the first official day of Summer Break! Woo-hoo!
Over the weekend, you might want to consider making a “Summer Bucket List”.
You just need a bucket (or container of your choice!) and some large, wooden clothes pins. Just jot down the activities you want to do over the summer on the clothes pins (with colored pens or Sharpies) and then clip them around the bucket.
After you do the activity on the pin, you just toss that one into the bucket. It helps make your summer more intentional, even if you have 15 clothes pins that read, “Sit out front in the sun with a book”.
Be sure to add a few clothes pins for yourself, mama. Or just make your own bucket
Here are 25 ideas for activities you can write on your clothes pins (some local, some universal):
- Go see a movie at Malco during its Kid’s Summer Film Fest
- Ride a roller coaster
- Swim at the the new(ish) Rogers Aquatic Center
- Have a water balloon fight
- Go to First Thursday on the Fayetteville Square
- Go to First Friday on the Bentonville Square
- Create an ice-cream sundae bar and invite over the neighbors
- Go fishing
- Camp out in the backyard
- Camp out indoors
- Go to a Gulley Park concert series concert
- Set up a lemonade stand
- Try zip-lining
- Toast marshmallows outside (and make s’mores!)
- Make liquid sidewalk chalk and create a masterpiece on the driveway
- Make chalk dress-up dolls while you’re out there
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market
- Sign up for the summer reading program at your library
- Visit the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
- Play mini golf
- Eat snow cones
- Make your own ice cream in a bag (YouTubevideo)
- Go to Vacation Bible School
- Visit the Tulsa Children’s Museum
- Make “fairies” in a jar (or just catch fireflies!)
If you need more ideas, CLICK HERE to see our Summer Fun Printable! Stick it on the fridge for inspiration this summer.
Bonus idea for the summer: Have your kids take a picture every day of summer vacation and put them all together in an awesome video at the end of the break. Or make a Summer Memories 2014 book with Snapfish or Shutterfly.