That said, we polled our Facebook friends to find the best snow cones in NWA. They suggested several great ones plus we went out and did a little research of our own over the weekend.
We found these cuties at Shave the Planet (in the Hobby Lobby parking lot) on College Avenue in Fayetteville. They are eating Funky Monkey, Invisible Cherry and Root Beer. Isn’t “invisible” cherry a genius idea? Right after we snapped this pic, the little girl in the middle spilled it right down the front of her outfit. Wet and sticky, yes, but not red!
Shave the Planet has multiple locations in NWA. Here’s a current list of where you can find them:
744 Joyce Blvd
(In the Mattress Firm parking lot next to Walgreens)
3078 N College Ave
(Next to the Bank of Fayetteville and Hobby Lobby)
1308 N Thompson
(Across from AQ Chicken & Kum and Go)
2940 W Sunset Ave
In front of Malco Theater and Harps
Why don’t you join us in eating at as many snow cone stands as possible around NWA?! Here’s a short list of recommended stops (updated for 2015):
- Kona Ice Bentonville, Food truck that travels around NWA NEW!
- Tropical Sno, Joyce Blvd. (near TJ Maxx and Best Buy) and at Martin Luther King/6th Street, across from Walmart, in the Medicap Pharmacy parking lot in Fayetteville
- Frozen Tung, Southwest A Street, Bentonville
- The Chill Zone, in the Lawrence Plaza Splash Pad, Bentonville
- The Frozen Coconut, downtown Rogers off North 2nd Street (across from Harps, near the Rogers Activity Center)
- The Sugar Shack in the Golf Mountain parking lot, 1115 N. Dixieland, Lowell
- Cam’s Mountain Snow, Frisco Station Mall parking lot, Rogers (off Walnut)
- Wanalei’u Hawaiian Shaved Ice, corner of Block Avenue and Spring Street, Fayetteville NEW!
Did we miss your favorite? Tell us about it comments so we’ll all know where to find it! We’d also love to know your favorite flavor!