Good Monday morning, mamas!
Christmas is nearly here and we know many of you will be traveling for the holidays. So in our Mamas on Magic 107.9 segment today we shared our Top 5 Tips for Traveling with Kids.
As usual, many of the great ideas come from mamas who regularly visit our website. Here are a few we shared this morning:
- Spark their imagination. Even teenagers like to doodle and sketch, especially when they’re bored.
- Offer an “incentive” for good behavior. Give the kids a roll of quarters at the beginning of the trip and confiscate one at a time if they misbehave. If they have any left when the trip’s over, they get to use them at an arcade.
- Interact as a family. Play the “category” game. One person says a category – like “Things that are cold” and each person takes turns answering.
- Be prepared. Bring along a small cooler with snacks, drinks and a wet washcloth in a baggie (in case of car sickness).
- Make frequent pit stops. Pack things for with when you’re at a rest area or restaurant – like a football.
We’d love for you to listen to Mamas on Magic tomorrow morning! It airs weekdays right at 7:45 a.m. If you missed today’s segment, click below to hear it now:
For more travel tips and destination ideas (for later), click on these links: